Thursday, April 22, 2010

Backwoods back in action!

My rider, #407 has successfully become employed! Unfortunately, for me now, he's working a lot of weekends, so Ol' Dad's left back on the sidelines again.

Last Sunday I decided to head down to Backwoods over near Tennyson, IN for their first race of the year. They had a pretty decent turn out and the weather was perfect. I've worked with Scott, Kara and his crew for several years now and you can't find a nicer bunch to deal with at a motocross track!

Also got to see some old familiar faces. Bumped into Jason Ashley, whom I hadn't seen in a few years. A few years ago, well maybe more than a few, Jason was one of the fastest guys around, especially during his "mini" days! Met some of the gang over at Tri-State Motorcycles. It's been a while since I had been to TSM, but back in my day, that was where all the Yamaha's came from, and I'm talking yellow YZ's, not today's blue ones! Very nice bunch who had a couple new YZ's on display and even offered up some free donuts. Looking forward to working with TSM, who will on board as a site sponsor very soon!

Racing action was fast and furious. Saw some good mini riders, as well as a couple of very talented up and coming 50 riders. Talked with the Black's some.Cody ran about 4 classes I think, while Dillan is still nursing a banged up leg.

I'll try and get a few pics added to this blog soon, and hopefully my rider gets a Sunday or two off here soon and we can get back into the racing action. Until then, I'll probably be the big, burly guy walking around taking pictures!

Planning on being at LSMX this weekend...rider or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!