Wednesday, May 13, 2009

SOIL:Sampled!

Made our first trek over to SOIL on Tuesday afternoon. Josh has really been working his butt off on the new layout, and it really works! Kody said he really like the flow of the track and it's a blast to ride. The new step up, camel hump thingy along the parking area looks like a blast!

As much rain as we've had the past few weeks, the track was remarkably dry. In fact there was a little dust kicking up here and there, but I don't think anyone was complaining!

Got my first look at Shawn Clark aboard the Yamaha's and quite honestly he looks like he has never been off a bike for any time at all. In fact, the picture above reminds me so much of a photo I have of Shawn from probably 5-6 years ago from Midway Motocross in Mitchell, IN. I bet I could take the two images and overlay them onto each other and they'd be a near perfect match! Blue bike, green bike, but the flawless form is there regardless of the years and different bikes.
Shawn says he really likes the Yamaha's and I even asked about the so called "turning" problems you hear about here and there, and he said he never had a problem with them. Kerry was doing some testing so to speak on bar positioning and gearing and had the blue beasts pretty close according to the younger Clark!

Also got a good pic of Kristi Adams. Kristi was probably one of the earlier girls to race in our area and does quite well. Her Dad, Gary has been at it a long time and is always a lot of fun to hang out with and talk. Kristi, too was aboard a Yamaha Tuesday afternoon and was riding really well. I didn't get a chance to rally talk with her, so I'm not sure of here plans for the summer, if she's doing the Loretta's thing or just hanging out and having fun! Womens motocross has really taken off over the past few years, which I think is great!

A few years ago, my daughter Britt raced a few times, but back then there just weren't too many ladies giving it a go. I'll never forget at Casey one time they ran 2 or 3 girls with the 250 A class. Not a smart move to start with, but Britt went down and was used as a berm by an A rider. Well, Ol' Pimp Daddy Barr was off to break a set of Renthals off in some fellows rear pretty quick, ah the good times we had!

Kody is still sorting out the RM250. He really like the bike and is getting quicker every time out, but we keep having flats on the big dog! I'm still getting used to mixing gas! We wentdown to 800MX onSunday for some testing and had stopped to get fuel in Hendo. Anyway get to 800 and stat unloading and fueling the bike when Ol' Dad realizes, this baby needs a little extra in the gas, if you know what I mean!

Luckily, Mrs Ezell was open in the shop and we got us a can of this stuff you mix with the fuel. Kinda of weird, but it seems like I remember doing this a longtime ago! Still love the smell of pre-mix in the morning!

Several other SIMX regulars were in attendance and looking good were #188 Davis Uphoff. Davis was last seen putting in some hard laps aboard a YZ250F. Chuck and I discussed the mini days and how every one is so happy to get off the little bikes, but down the years it seems like most of the Dads, enjoyed those days the most. I know I did! Simplier times for sure, less headaches, cheaper bikes, cheaper parts, tires, well you get the idea! Time marches on I guess!

Got a good shot of Team MXF rider Derek Boyd big brother Zack at SOIL too. Kody would just about kill for that sweet Bell helmet! Zack's bouncing back from an injury a while back and is riding well. Both the Boyd boys are doing good this season. They have been putting in a lot of laps through out the Midwest this Spring in the Loretta Lynn qualifiers. Good job Boyd Racing, aka Ideal Machine Racing.

Well that's about it for now. Here is another #56 Shawn Clark pic to close with...it's been a while since I've had the oppurtunity to shoot Mr. Clark!










Oh yeah, thanks Josh for an awesome track too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!