Friday, March 6, 2009

Has Spring sprung?

Gawd I hope so! Suppose to be in the 70's possibly tomorrow. Woo hoo! I think the Hamer squad is heading down to Echo valley in the morning so #40 can get in some long awaited lap time. Yeah, I typed #40. Seems like 407 wants a change for the 2009 season so he wants to run #40. We tried this last summer at the Mt. Carrol regional when he ran some Rodney Smith number he got from Rod Harris. Well that didn't pan out to well either with a couple of wrecks, poor starts and getting ran over on the start of his third moto, so maybe another new number is what he needs!

He'll always be #407 to me though!

Sounds like I missed a good one up at Indy last weekend. Ol' Reedy got the job done from what I saw on TV it looked like he rode a good race. James made some mistakes, but still, in Reeds case, you have to be close to capitalize when you can!

I'll admit, I'm not a huge supercross fan. For one I hate the drive to Indy or t. Louis for that matter. I guess the drive would be OK, but getting out of those damn places really sucks! I also have a problem getting a hot dog, pop corn and a beer and bustin' out a $20 and needed more to pay for it! We've discussed going to St. Louis. Only because Pastrana is rumored to be racing. He did design the track this year and it looks pretty cool, but it would be awesome to see the old 199 ripping it up again. Say what you will about TP, but he brings excitement where ever he goes.

I'll never forget our first rip to Troy, Ohio for a National. Kody and I got to the track early Sunday morning and was just walking around looking at the track. We noticed someone over by the "Widowmaker", but didn't think much about it. To our surprise it was Pastrana. He walked up to us and just started talking like you would to someone you knew. He was real cool and even asked if we had anything we wanted signed. We didn't have anything really, or even a sharpie for that matter, so he just chatted with us. Kody had his wrist broken from a football incident andI said too bad we didn't have a pen or he could sign the cast. Travis says no way, that would be bad luck! True story, TP worrying about luck!!!

Anyway, hoping to see a few familiar faces tomorrow down at Echo. Be good to see Kenny and get a chance to talk with him. Man it seems like forever since we've been anywhere near a track!

I'll have the MXF camera charged up (and hopefully a memory card), so stop by and say high!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!