Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Ballance bound!

Well, I'm heading of to Ballance MotoX this weekend. Solo, well maybe! The wife and mutt may go, but it looks like we won't be racing. It will be a little different, but it will be good to just get out and visit with everyone. No pressure working on bikes, race order, washing bikes, etc...

I remember back several years ago and some of the Dads always talked of when the kiddo's reach 17, 18 years old and grow tired of the racing and venture out into there on thing. Well, that's me at the current situation. Mine has ventured into fishing, girls and soon to be "mushroom" hunting times. He and a couple of his buddies are convinced they can sell morel's and make it big!

I don't think it will be a permanent thing, and like my Old buddy Sean Rocke said, it's a helluva lot safer and cheaper, but dammit I miss moto!

So I told my wife I think I'm heading to my first LLQ bikeless. Well, race bike anyway. I plan to bring the ol' pit bike, but basically just me, my camera and a few other necessities.

Hope the weather holds up this weekend and all my MXF Racing pilots have a good weekend.

What else is going on? Well the ABCMX series kicked off at Daniel Boone last weekend and from what I've been told, not to good of reviews.

I think the series itself is fine but the track evidently was a horrible mess. Lot's of accidents and one serious wreck which has put Alex Brockman in the hospital needing surgery.

Sounds like they may have been overwhelmed with their first race as new track owners. It happens, but I'm sure the folks at DBMX are willing to work the kinks out, if it's not to too late! I've personally spoken to three or four who said they will not be back!

Several MXF Racers saw action at DBMX and made it home safely! Brett Gourley took the win in the 65 7/9 class. Brother Brandon Gourley had a two class wins. Broc Gourley had a 2nd in super-mini and a 4th in Schoolboy aboard his KX125 smoker.

Justin Brockman had a win in Lites Intermediate, followed by Tyler Richey in 5th place overall. Tyler also managed a 3rd in Open Intermediate.

New SIMX backed Travis Hardcastle brought home a 6th in Lites Intermediate and the overall win in Open Intermediate. Good job Travis and welcome aboard!

Well that's about all for now. look me up this weekend at Ballance. I'll be the "lost' guy stumbling around with a camera!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!