Tuesday, December 23, 2008

MXF blog-a-rooski

Just getting into this blog thinga ma jig! What I plan on doing in 2009 is taking photos at whatever track I'm at and posting a few pics here in the "blog" with a little commentary about the rider, track, results, etc...

But until it thaws out I guess I'm stuck with commenting about 2008.

I recently posted my 12 best photos from 2008. I went back over several thousand pics, looking for twelve tack sharp pics, and found a few I liked. Now I admit, I'm not ready for National Geographic yet, but sometimes I do luck into a good shot here and there. What's that old adage... "even a blind hog finds an acorn every now and then", well that's me! Now many of you have never heard that, I know. I used that one on my daughter's basketball team a long time ago, and they all looked at me, "like, uh, what?" So that's for the "older" folks!

For now I'll just leave a link to the Best of 2008, and add some comments about 3 or 4 photos at a time until I get them all covered in more "blogs"

Here is a direct link to all of the photos

We had gone to Ballance to get Kody a little more track time in preparation for the Youth regional. There were a lot of people there that weekend. I usually try and get shot in corners, and try to zoom in for "eye" shots. I noticed several of the A riders railing this particular corner and set up shop. Cody Miller is #161 and a very talented kid on a bike. I've watched him ride for years, and never really known him, but enjoy watching him ride. This time through, he was on the gas, on the pegs and smokin'! It's really neat to set in a corner and observe how different riders attack different sections through out the day.


This photo was taken at Echo Valley during the FCA MX Camp. Five-time GNCC Champion ('98, '99, '01, '02, '04); 1988 Brazilian Motocross National Champion, ISDE Gold Medalist, Three-time AMA National Reliability Series Champ and five-time AMA National Hare Scrambles Champion Rodney Smith was the instructor. I had never met Rodney, but had heard a lot of good things from his long time friend, Rod Harris. I was really impressed by his passion for the sport and his ability to talk with every participant on their level. In this photo I like the way #810 Duke Martin is attentively listening. Duke, surrounded by beginners and intermediates alike, raced a few years back at several AMA Nationals and still is pretty active in the area motocross scene through his work with FCA Motocross.


This is one of my son, Kody Hamer. We have been doing this together for almost ten years now. I still cherish the countless miles we have put in together chasing this "thang" called motocross! This was also taken at the FCA Camp this summer. Rodney had worked with all the kids for quit a while getting them into the habit of using the ruts. Although "we" had worked on ruts before, it seemed like having someone other than Old Dad explaining it, made it easier to do. It's funny how true that is, ask any of the moto Dads and they'll probably give you the same advice..."go tell my kid to try this, he'll listen to you!"

That's about it for this time. Please feel free to add your comments, etc... I'm not sure how this blog thing is supposed to work, but surely if we can do a four stroke top end, we can figure this out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!