Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Closing in on 2009!

As 2009 gets closer, it's a sunny 52 degrees outside today in Southern Indiana. January 30th and 50's. Global warming? I doubt it, probably have a foot of snow on the ground tomorrow!

Supercross kicks off this weekend, and I'm actually looking forward to it this year. Could be Santa brought me a new 42" Sony TV for being a good boy, but I'm mostly looking forward to some good racing in the 450 class. Yea, I know Stewart's most likely going to win everything, but you never know for sure with Supercross. I think Villopoto, Reed and Windham will all get a win some time this year, but it for sure will be interesting.

...three more of my Top 12!

Matthew Bell, who I like to call "Madman"! This kid is fearless and one of the toughest kids I've ever known. I think he is made of rubber sometimes! One thing about Matthew is, he's a hard charger either in the front, or from the back of the pack.
This picture is in a big powder berm where Matthew came in hard. He hit the dry dirt and let 'er eat! His right front is dragging along kicking up a mini roost, while the rear wheel is throwing another roost, with a dust trailer. I shot this photo in plain old "sports" mode on my camera. All year long I have experimented with different settings, manual mode, etc... and just a lot of different things. This is probably my favorite of the year! Thanks, Matthew!


#4, Ricky Carmichael. Uh, wait, that only looks like the GOAT! Actually it's Kurt Kissinger racing over at Meade County MX late this summer. Mike Wheeler had invited Kody and I over to the new Meade County track several times and we finally got the chance late this year to check them out. I didn't really think we'd know anybody there, but was surprised to see the Kissinger's when we arrived. They had been there before, and said they really enjoyed the track, and we agreed, it's a pretty cool place.
This photo of Kurt is one of my three favorites of the year. I just liked the way the colors worked out, the background kind of blurred like I wanted it to, plus it's just a really sharp picture. Like I've said before, I get lucky sometimes and grab a good shot here and there!


This shot of Kody, was taken at Meade County the same day as Kurt's picture. It kind of clouded up that day rather quickly, and I thought it might even rain at times. In this shot, the skies had turned darker, and I was getting close to putting the camera away for the day. They have a pretty big triple there and it's kind of got a little bend in it. I was actually standing between the double landing and the triple landing just taking random shots when #407 hit it. There is just enough washed out color in the trees in the background to contrast his white gear. I especially was pleased with the focus in his eyes. I can't lie though, I did have to do a "little" Photshop work on this one, not much, but just a little!

Upon finishing, I just noticed these are the three photos I'm currently using on the main moto-X-foto website. I guess these are my Top 3? (Sorry Kody, I still like Matthew's pic as my Best of 2008!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!