Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Supercross 2009!

Well we got three rounds of Supercross in the books and quite frankly, I'm a little surprised. I really felt Stewart would have a lead by now, and all the regular players would have fallen in tow.

Ol' Reedy looks amazing on the Suzook. Plain and simple, I think he's a contender, right now. Yeah, he just took over the points race and all, but I think he'll beat Stewart soon. To me James just doesn't look like the James of old. Maybe it's the bike, new gear, new team, blah, blah, blah, but I think Reed has just stepped up his program. Plus, he has probably the best wrench in the business and a pretty damn good riding partner in a certain #4 kid from Florida.

I was especially proud of Ol' K-Dub this past weekend. I really felt like the young pups would have ran him down quicker, but he still has plenty of fight in him.

RV has been a little bit of a disappointment. I know, he's a rookie and all, but he had a good start last week and kinda went backwards, ala Mikey Alessi!

Lites racing has been exciting as well. Dungey looks great and I believe he has the confidence to handle whatever J-Law has to throw at him. What about "no main" J-Law the other night. Had to really suck watching all those points go by from the bleacher section.

A quick note on Shawn Clark. Shawn pm'd me a week or so ago, telling me he was making his comeback to arenacross over at DuQuoin. I'd of loved to been there to see his return and it sounded like he hasn't lost much in the last 9-10 months he was off recovering from what, his third shoulder surgery in about three years.

I already had plans that Saturday, and missed a great photo opportunity I'm sure. Look for more info on Shawn in the MXF Racing section of the moto-x-foto.com website.

That's about it for now. I just hate this slow time of the year and can not wait until it gets a little warmer and we can all get back out in to the great outdoors!

1 comment:

Leave me a comment!